Affordable loans plus free business coaching to give you the tools for success.
Every ACCESS applicant is offered free business coaching services. Our coaches are volunteers with experience in business, who can help you launch your start-up and answer your burning questions.
Affordable Financing for your Business
Scaling up or starting from scratch? We have your business needs covered with loans up to $5000.
- 18 years or older
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee with a legal right to work in Canada
- A resident of the Greater Toronto Area or Hamilton
- Demonstrated financial need
- Unable to obtain a loan from banks and other sources
- Not in a consumer proposal or bankruptcy, or has been discharged for at least 6 months
- Up-to-date with, and not owing taxes to, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or child support to the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) or provide proof of ongoing payments for at least 3 consecutive months
- Able to demonstrate the loan will be used for business purposes as outlined in this application and business plan.
- Business loans cannot be used to pay off debt.
- A completed and signed application
- Credit report and score from Equifax or TransUnion
- Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency
- Business Plan and Cash Flow Projections
- Business registration, if registered
- Two pieces of valid photo ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, Passport or Immigration Documents)
- Proof of residence, .e.g. utility bill, bank statement etc.
*Please contact us if you have difficulty submitting any of the above documents.
You will be contacted by ACCESS staff within 2-3 business days to:
- Confirm receipt of your application and to clarify or request additional information
- Inform you if your application will be or has been forwarded to the Loan Review Committee
- Give you a timeline for your 1-2 hour long in-person interview with at least two Loan Officers.
- Please submit the completed application form and supporting documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.