The MiniMicroLoan Program is partially funded by KPMG, Ontario Trillium Foundation and Metcalf Foundation.
The program allows ACCESS to expand its product mix to include smaller loans of $200 to $1,000 in order to help more people and fill a need in the community.
The goal of the project is to improve the standard of living of people in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area by providing them with microloans and supports to:
• Launch or expand a small business;
• Obtain training, skills upgrading, or certification so as to improve their employment situation;
• Purchase tools of the trade (e.g. construction boots) in order to get a job.
Training and support will be offered to participants.
MiniMicroLoan Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must be an Ontario Permanent Resident;
- Must live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA);
- Must demonstrate at least one of the following:
Acceptance into a training program and cost of training program;
A job offer;
Need for tools and/or equipment, together with cost;
Need for business supplies and cost of supplies;
- Completed application and necessary supporting documents
- Two government Issued IDs: e.g. driver’s license and/or passport;
- Proof of residence, e.g. utility or phone bill;
- Current Resume or work history;
- Letter of enrollment into training program or course and cost info
or Quotation(s) for tools, equipment or business related costs;
- Three references (no family members please);
- Credit report;
- We may require a credit report prior to disbursing the loan;
- We may require proof of income;
- We will require receipt of purchase made with the loan.
For more information, please contact Otis Mushonga: firstname.lastname@example.org
(416) 462 - 0496